Adult Sewing Class - Nina Lee Southbank Sweater Workshop
Available: 1 In stock
Saturday 18th September 2021 10.30am-4.00pm The Southbank Sweater and Sweater Dress is a cosy yet stylish knit pattern designed to become a winter wardrobe staple....
We aim to process and ship all orders within 48-72 hours. Please note that delivery times may be slightly increased during lockdown and post-lockdown.
Shipping in UK
- We offer free shipping within the UK for orders over £35.
- Orders under £35 are shipped by weight.
- We use a selection of reputable national carriers to deliver our goods.
- We offer free collection from our Chepstow Studio if you live near the area.
- Please contact us at email@example.com and we can arrange a custom shipping price if one is not available from our online ordering system.
Shipping (pre-orders and back-orders)
- Any pre-orders or back-orders will be shipped as soon as they arrive on our shelves. We are given an approximate date of arrival by our suppliers, but we cannot guarantee that date.
- If you combine a pre-order or back-order with something we currently have in stock, that in stock item will only be shipped when the pre-order or back-order item(s) arrives. If you would like that item sooner, you will be charged for the additional shipping cost where appropriate.
Saturday 18th September 2021 10.30am-4.00pm
The Southbank Sweater and Sweater Dress is a cosy yet stylish knit pattern designed to become a winter wardrobe staple. With a slightly oversized fit, funnel neck and drop-shoulders, Southbank is on-trend, comfortable and flattering. Oh, and unbelievably quick and easy to sew!
Version 1 is a sweater dress with a sweatshirt-inspired hem band and side-seam pockets, easy to dress up or down. Version 2 is a hip-length top suitable for wearing over trousers or pencil skirts when made in a ponte or similar, or ideal for tucking into high-waisted garments if made in a lighter-weight fabric. Version 3 is a cropped sweater designed to finish at the natural waist. All three variations feature slouchy, slightly over-long sleeves with cuffs. You can also adapt the pattern slightly by using ready made cuffing for the neckline and cuffs.
Price of session includes Nina Lee Southbank Sweater patten, (usually retails at £14.95) threads, use of machines, tea/ coffee, cake and in-depth tuition. All you need to do is bring a packed lunch and your own fabric. (see guide on the photgraphs) All three options work well in medium-weight knits with up to 20% stretch, such as ponte roma, boiled wool, sweatshirt fabric. Version 2 also works beautifully in lighter-weight jerseys which give a softer, drapier look.
Due to social distancing guidelines, and in line with Welsh Government direction, each person will be allocated their own sewing and cutting space with a distance of 1.5m between machines. All spaces will be sanitised before and after the workshops, along with all equipment. Due to our small class sizes all sessions are non-refundable. You do not need to bring a machine. Thread and all equipment (such as scissors, pins etc.) are provided for use on the day. These will be sanitised before & after the workshop. The door will be locked upon arrival. We politely ask that you knock and wait outside to be escorted in. Hand sanitiser and washing facilities are readily available.