Nina Lee Bloomsbury Blouse Sewing Pattern
Available: 3 In stock
A high-necked, Edwardian-inspired blouse for the romantic in all of us. Choose to make the narrow ruffles and appear dainty and demure, or opt for...
We aim to process and ship all orders within 48-72 hours.
Shipping in UK
- We offer free shipping within the UK for orders over £35.
- Orders under £35 are shipped by weight.
- We use a selection of reputable national carriers to deliver our goods.
- We offer free collection from our Chepstow Studio if you live near the area.
- Please contact us at email@example.com and we can arrange a custom shipping price if required.
Shipping (pre-orders and back-orders)
- Any pre-orders or back-orders will be shipped as soon as they arrive on our shelves. We are given an approximate date of arrival by our suppliers, but we cannot guarantee that date.
- If you combine a pre-order or back-order with something we currently have in stock, that in stock item will only be shipped when the pre-order or back-order item(s) arrives. If you would like that item sooner, you will be charged for the additional shipping cost where appropriate.
A high-necked, Edwardian-inspired blouse for the romantic in all of us. Choose to make the narrow ruffles and appear dainty and demure, or opt for an unequivocally flamboyant and fun look with the bold wide ruffles. Ruffles have been dominating the catwalk in recent seasons but Bloomsbury translates a trend that can sometimes be a little OTT into a garment easy to wear and style. Well suited to lightweight cottons, if you’re feeling adventurous Bloomsbury could also be made in a drapey fabric or even velvet and lace for a touch of high Victoriana.
The blouse features a high collar, a yoked bodice with two ruffle options, button-back fastening, bracelet-length sleeves and the option to add ruffles to the collar and/or sleeves. Whilst care is required when sewing the yoke and collar curves, this pattern should be suitable for an ambitious beginner who isn’t afraid of taking their sewing to the next stage.
Skill level: intermediate
Lightweight wovens e.g. cotton lawn. This pattern will also work in velvet, dupion silk, or with contrasting lace for the yoke sections.
6 x 1/2” buttons, fusible interfacing for the collar band.
The fabric requirements stated are intended for prints without obvious directionals; if you have a fabric with an obvious directional you will require additional length (see cutting layouts).
1.4–1.9 metres / 1.75–2.25 yds
2.1–2.8 metres / 2.5–3 yds