Nina Lee Portobello Trousers Sewing Pattern
Available: 2 In stock
Simple, elegant and oh-so-flattering, the high-waisted Portobello trousers are a cinch to make and work in a variety of fabrics for year-round comfort. Make them...
We aim to process and ship all orders within 48-72 hours. Please note that delivery times may be slightly increased during lockdown and post-lockdown.
Shipping in UK
- We offer free shipping within the UK for orders over £35.
- Orders under £35 are shipped by weight.
- We use a selection of reputable national carriers to deliver our goods.
- We offer free collection from our Chepstow Studio if you live near the area.
- Please contact us at email@example.com and we can arrange a custom shipping price if one is not available from our online ordering system.
Shipping (pre-orders and back-orders)
- Any pre-orders or back-orders will be shipped as soon as they arrive on our shelves. We are given an approximate date of arrival by our suppliers, but we cannot guarantee that date.
- If you combine a pre-order or back-order with something we currently have in stock, that in stock item will only be shipped when the pre-order or back-order item(s) arrives. If you would like that item sooner, you will be charged for the additional shipping cost where appropriate.
Simple, elegant and oh-so-flattering, the high-waisted Portobello trousers are a cinch to make and work in a variety of fabrics for year-round comfort. Make them in a lightweight wool and you’re work-ready in the winter; linens and rayons will keep you cool and effortlessly chic in the summer. The wide-legged silhouette is bang on trend and can be made to evoke the glamour of the ‘40s starlet or the relaxed vibe of a ‘70s bohemian. Pair with fine jumpers, soft blouses or cropped tops.
The trousers are constructed with front pleats and back darts, and a centre-back concealed zip (avoiding any tricky fly construction!), along with the all-important in-seam pockets. This pattern is suitable for confident beginners and upwards; you’ll need to be able to insert a concealed zip but otherwise everything is pleasingly simple.
Skill level: confident beginner
light- to medium-weight wovens, ideally with some drape, e.g. crepe, linen, chambray, rayon, lightweight wool, cotton lawn, velvet.
1 x 9” concealed zip, 1 x 1/2” button, fusible interfacing for the waistband.