Nina Lee Southbank Sewing Pattern
Available: 9 In stock
The Southbank Sweater and Sweater Dress is a cosy yet stylish knit pattern designed to become a winter wardrobe workhorse. With a slightly oversized fit,...
We aim to process and ship all orders within 48-72 hours. Please note that delivery times may be slightly increased during lockdown and post-lockdown.
Shipping in UK
- We offer free shipping within the UK for orders over £35.
- Orders under £35 are shipped by weight.
- We use a selection of reputable national carriers to deliver our goods.
- We offer free collection from our Chepstow Studio if you live near the area.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a custom shipping price if one is not available from our online ordering system.
Shipping (pre-orders and back-orders)
- Any pre-orders or back-orders will be shipped as soon as they arrive on our shelves. We are given an approximate date of arrival by our suppliers, but we cannot guarantee that date.
- If you combine a pre-order or back-order with something we currently have in stock, that in stock item will only be shipped when the pre-order or back-order item(s) arrives. If you would like that item sooner, you will be charged for the additional shipping cost where appropriate.
The Southbank Sweater and Sweater Dress is a cosy yet stylish knit pattern designed to become a winter wardrobe workhorse. With a slightly oversized fit, funnel neck and drop-shoulders, Southbank is on-trend, comfortable and flattering. Oh, and unbelievably quick and easy to sew!
Version 1 is a sweater dress with a sweatshirt-inspired hem band and side-seam pockets, easy to dress up or down. Version 2 is a hip-length top suitable for wearing over trousers or pencil skirts when made in a ponte or similar, or ideal for tucking into high-waisted garments if made in a lighter-weight fabric. Version 3 is a cropped sweater designed to finish at the natural waist. All three variations feature slouchy, slightly over-long sleeves with cuffs.
The pattern comes with detailed illustrated instructions and a page of tips for sewing with knits for beginners.
Skill level: beginner
All three options work well in medium-weight knits with up to 20% stretch, such as ponte roma, boiled wool, sweatshirt fabric. Version 2 also works beautifully in lighter-weight jerseys which give a softer, drapier look.
Notions0.5m of clear elastic or stay tape, 1 cm wide
ballpoint or jersey needle
For Versions 2 and 3: 2.5mm twin needle (optional)